Saturday, April 25, 2015

Failed my first Spin - Emma by Jane Austen




OK I give up.

I announce it officially.

I cannot stand Emma!!!

I have not been able to get past Chapter 10. There is NO way I will be able to finish this book.

I will NEVER ever touch this book to read again. 

I don't know how ANYONE can read this novel.

Emma does nothing but whine and gossip and stick her nose into other peoples business all day, every day.

Sure she can dance and sing and paint and play the harpschicord, all very prettiily. But in modern vernacular, she is absolutely the epitome of a DUMB BLONDE!!!!

And the fact that the classic actress who plays Emma in the movie of the book, was Gwyneth Paltrow, who is also a blonde, and sometimes acts very dumb, just enforces the Dumb Blonde stereotype. 

And I cannot stand Dumb Blondes. Which is why I hate the movie CLUELESS.I could not watch Emma either.

It eventually occurred to me to read another Jane Austen Novel in place of Emma, so that is what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment